Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Projects!

OK! I've been working on projects for the baby's room over the last couple of months and finally have a few of them finished! They'll probably look better as a whole when you see the baby room completely finished, which will hopefully happen in the next month or so. For now, just consider them previews!


This is a lamp I made and I think it turned out pretty cute! I found the base at Ross for $5 as well as the white shade. I just added the beads, ribbon, and flower!


This is one of three shelves that we're hanging up. We just painted some unfinished shelves from Michael's that we bought for $5 a piece and then I mod podged scrapbook paper on the outside and inside panels. Polka dots inside and the cute pink and green stripes on the outside. I glued the same ribbon from the lamp around the top edge of the shelf too.


This is the baby train! I think it turned out really cute. It'll go on one of the finished shelves once we get them all hung up.


Finally, we found this cute vinyl saying a month or so ago and finally put it up. We thought it was super cute because obviously our little girl will be quite the princess!

So, that's it for now, but I'll have some more in the next little while. Everything seems really PINK! We like it though and think the room is going to be SUPER cute! My mom is making a quilt and skirt for the crib, and I may attempt to make some matching curtains for the window. (What you see with the vinyl saying was a cute valance I bought, but we decided to make one on our own that matches the crib quilt AND was cheaper!) We'll post pics of those when they're done! :)

16 comments:

Kelli said...

Love the pinkness! Can't wait for the grand tour of the baby's room! Love the lamp especially. It reminds me of you for some reason.

Lori said...

You did such a cute job! I have yet to decorate Adia's room- I'm jealous of all you creative people. Where did you get the cute vinyl saying?

Widdisons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Widdisons said...

Way super cute! Can't wait to see the finished project.

lisa said...

So cute! I love crafts! What a good idea for the shelf--I've never thought of that!! Can't wait to see the whole room!

Michelle said...

I love all your cute crafts Melissa! You are so creative! I should hire you to come decorate our little ones room!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

My GOODNESS Girl - you have been busy - and it has all turned out SO CUTE!! I love it all, and now maybe you can pay my house a visit and give it your "cute" touch!!!

Robin said...

Super cute! I can't wait to see it!

Merrills said...

Why can't you live closer so you can just decorate my house? I love the saying! I better be invited to a shower for this little princess!

Matt n' Jenni said...

Way cute Melissa and Todd! I can't wait to meet this princess

Mitchell Family said...

every girl should have a pink covered room! love it. Can NOT wait to see the room all put together!!

Amanda B. said...

Love the vinyl lettering! I don't think you can go too pink with a little girl!!
Thanks for having my girls over while we were gone. :)

The Pack's said...

You are amazing! Everything has turned out so cute so far. I can definitely see you and Todd giving this little girl the TOTAL PRINCESS TREATMENT! I am so excited for both of you.

McMillan Family said...

so cute I can't wait to see the whole room.

Phil and Tiff said...

Congrats on the baby! She is one lucky little girl. Once you have a girl there's never enough pink, glitter, or sparkle. Its so much fun!

MomMitchell said...

What darling idea's, so cute and I love PINK too. The vinyl sayng is the cutest I've ever seen. We'll have to have another home tour so we can see the finished room. So happy for you both. We need to get a shower planned for you. Take care and thanks for sharing your idea's.
mom Mitchell

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007