Sunday, May 24, 2009

Can't wait for PEACHES!

So this past week we've been working in the yard and trying to get it primed for summer 09. We've done a lot of work and still seem to have a long list to go before we're through. One of the things on our list is to finish pruning all of our fruit trees. For those that don't know, we have an apricot, cherry, plum, peach, and 2 pear trees. Our favorite is definitely the peach tree, followed closely by the pear trees. The fruit is SOOOO good! Anyway, since we love our peaches so much, that's the only tree we've pruned so far. We thought it was funny once it was finished because by the time it was done, there was more tree on the ground than actually left on the tree. So we took some pictures for everyone to see!. Now we're hoping we get some big juicy peaches later this summer. I say every year that I just want peaches and vanilla ice cream for dinner every night for a week. Last year we only had 3 peaches and the birds ended up eating 2 of them so that plan didn't really work out. But this year looks WAY more promising and TONS of little peaches are already growing! Hooray!




6 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Wow, you cut off a lot. I love love love fresh peaches. You'll have to share.

Kelli said...

Yay! I will be over on Thursdays for peaches and ice cream! Love to my baby! And her parents!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

You just made me CRAVE fresh peaches - oh yeah, and some nice vanilla ice cream too - THANKS!!

Michelle said...

Oh I LOVE fresh peaches! Those are the best!

melissa said...

I'm totally jealous of the fruit trees! Nothing is better than peaches!

lisa said...

We HAD a peach tree too. I love peaches and ended up canning a whole bunch two years ago. Then it died. Brad just cut it down. If you need help eating your fruit-just give me a call!!!

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007