Friday, June 20, 2008

A Couple of Survivors

OK, so you all probably think I'm totally crazy right now because this is my third post about squirrels. I'm not crazy, I swear! So on Tuesday this week as I was working from home, I heard a familiar little knock on the back door. When I looked out, it was a squirrel! I thought they were all dead! I was too slow to get the camera, but the little guy came back on Wednesday, and with a friend. So, if you're keeping track, that means we have/had at least 7 squirrels living in our backyard! I wonder how many others survived the "plague" that killed the poor little guys I found in our garden. When the two squirrels were hanging out here on the back porch, it was actually pretty cute (even though I'm still VERY MAD at them). They were standing on their back legs and hitting and jumping on each other and just totally playing. I'm seriously starting to think they might be part human . . .

Anyway, I finally got a couple pictures so you can see that I'm not making things up. I wish I could catch them looking in the window with the camera—it's crazy!—but I'm always too slow. Enjoy!



7 comments:

Lori said...

It sounds like you have quite the fun backyard! We're just starting a garden now, so hopefully we don't have any little visitors like you. I'll let you know if I need advice on getting rid of any animals.

Merrills said...

They are kinda cute in a scary twisted sotr of way.

Kelli said...

I can't believe you would want to harm those cute little things! Maybe the lettuce from your garden killed them which would mean that they actually saved your life. When I saw the title of your post I was hoping Todd had made it on Survivor!

lisa said...

You should video them coming up to the door and put in on Youtube. It'd probably be a big hit!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Hooray!!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

What funny pictures - I love them. Such a cute background too - I love it...

Mitchell Family said...

this story keeps getting funnier!

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007