Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Hate Squirrels!

This year we were totally on the ball and planted a really great garden. We planted yellow squash, zucchini, peas, red peppers, green peppers, jalapeƱos, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, rosemary, and lettuce. That's a ton of stuff, right? Well, we were especially excited about the lettuce because it came up so fast, but lo and behold, we went out back the other day and the WHOLE ROW of lettuce was completely gone! At first Todd said, "Did it all just die?" But the row was so cleaned out it didn't look like anything had ever even been planted there. And then we noticed the cilantro was eaten down to the ground. What in the world? Then we discovered the problem—SQUIRRELS! We now hate squirrels! We have a family of them living in our garden and they are the culprits! These are no ordinary squirrels either. It's like they think they are human! When I work at home, my office space is right by our back door. Several times I've heard knocking at the door and look out the window to find a squirrel just standing there. I make faces and yell at it to go away, and I even bang on the window, but it just stands there looking all innocent, staring at me. What is the deal with these squirrels? I also can't even go walk over to the garden area of our yard because they start "squeaking" at me and it totally freaks me out! Todd bought some "Critter Ridder" yesterday, so we'll have to see if that gets rid of them!

P.S. Next time the darn things knock on the back door, I'm taking a picture so you all believe me!

6 comments:

GarrGroup said...

Sorry about the garden, but that is hilarious!

Mitchell Family said...

pics are necessary for sure! jer and I are both laughing. they are taunting you!!!!

Merrills said...

Squirrels, how funny. Good luck with your garden.

Kelli said...

How funny! I love that they knock on the door. I think I will blame my lack of veggies on your squirrels also and not on the fact I didn't plant anything. Thanks for the help on that one.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

So, Logan was upstairs yesterday watching the new Chipmunk movie when Megan, my Mom and I checked your blog. I though how could anyone hate squirrels/chipmunks? But if they thouched my little garden....they would die.

P.S. I love that they knock though, that's funny!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

That was hilarious! I really do want to see a picture, but with all the deaths, there may not be one huh:)
- love the music - great song choices...

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007