Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Todd's Birthday and DEAD Squirrels

First I want to just tell Todd "Happy Birthday!" His birthday was Sunday, which was also Father's Day, so he was totally loving it. He now 31 and officially in his "30s." I love him very much and am so happy for the great spirit he brings with him into our home on a daily basis. He makes me laugh always (even though I don't want him to know I think he's funny) and he's the best snuggler in the world!

And, to keep you posted about the squirrels that raided our garden—they all DIED! No, we did not kill them, and we have no idea what happened to them really. I went out to the garden on Saturday to try a do a little weeding. I got through the row that used to have the lettuce pretty fast, and then reach for the next row and there was a dead squirrel laying there. I screamed and jumped back and looked over just a little farther and another dead squirrel was just a foot or so away, and then another and then another! There were dead squirrels all over our garden! It totally freaked my out and ran screaming for Todd. We were so sad that they all died. We were mad at them, sure, but we just wanted them to leave, not die! We think they were either attacked by something because a couple were a little mangled, or they were poisoned and then eaten by birds or something. Needless to say, there will be no pictures of the little guys now. I'm a little nervous to harvest from our garden now too, considering it might have killed several small animals. Yikes!

5 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Happy Birthday Todd! Sorry about the squirrels, that's sad. Are you sure it wasn't the critter ridder sitting on your counter?

Kelli said...

Squirrel killers! Some say they died of a broken heart because they could feel your hatred and anger! Just teasing. Happy Birthday Todd!

Merrills said...

Disgusting! I don't know if I could eat from your garden. j/k. Happy B-day Todd. Mike will be 31 in Sept. I like being younger than him because I never feel like I am getting old.

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday Todd!

That's a crazy squirrel story!

GarrGroup said...

Happy Belated B-day Toodles! Sorry about the squirrels.

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007