Monday, December 3, 2007

Apple Pie and Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house. With a few cousins missing, it was smaller than it has been in years past, but it was still fun. Since my grandma was in charge of bringing pumpkin pies, we were told to bring any pie but pumpkin. We decided on apple. We'd never made an apple pie, so Todd did a bunch of research on how to make the perfect crust and how to get the filling just right. (He's so funny about things like this!) So, on Thanksgiving morning, we worked together to make our very first double crust pie. It actually turned out really well and not only tasted yummy, but was pretty too. Todd did a great job with all of his reasearch, and we now have a favorite pie recipe that we can proudly say we created together! I was also in charge of making my family's traditional Thanksgiving dish, Indian Pudding. I know this is very un-p.c., but that's what we've always called it. It's a yummy corn casserole that really only me, my mom and aunt like. Everyone else always goes for the "regular" corn and would probably never miss Indian Pudding. I'd be totally sad if it was forgotten because, for me, it's a tradition--and I will always make sure it's on the table for Thanksgiving. Finally, I want everyone to know how thankful I am for Todd. I am blessed to have a husband that is so loving and giving, and also willing to put up with me and all the silly things I do. Every day is a good one when he is by my side. We've been through a lot together and I just can't imagine my life without him. I love you Todd!

1 comment:

Amanda B. said...

Sorry I'm a little late, but I haven't checked your blog in a bit. Anyway, the pie looks AWESOME! I would love to see your recipe so that we can compare it with the one I used this year. So funny that Todd researched it. I love it!

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007