Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Size of a Lime

As many of you already know, we are expecting a baby! Not of the adoption kind, but the good ol' fashioned way—with me being the one pregnant! (For those who didn't already know, SURPRISE!) Our due date is September 8, and we are very excited and equally scared. Everything seems to be looking good though! We've met with the doctor multiple times and have ultrasounds each time we go. I've been pretty sick with this pregnancy, which is something new as I've never been sick before. We figure that anything different is likely a good thing! Luckily I'm to the stage where the sickness is starting to go away and I'm looking forward to it being completely gone soon and getting a little of my energy back. As for the title of this post, we get weekly updates on our little one from the all-knowing Babycenter.com people and think it's funny because each week our update compares the baby's size to food. This last week our baby was the size of a lime! Oooooh! How cute!

P.S. And, in case you were all wondering, we've decided to put our adoption profile on hold for now as I was getting nervous thinking I would be a week from delivery and we'd get the call saying a baby was waiting for us. I thought that might be a little stressful . . .

16 comments:

Laura said...

Congratualtions! You guys are going to be great parents! Hope you feel better soon:)

Amanda B. said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post for weeks!!! This is the best news, EVER! Congrats to you and Todd! Of course I'm sitting here totally crying just reading about it again! I can't wait to keep watching that cute belly of yours grow, and better yet to spoil your little miracle when he/she gets here! :)

And hurray that you are feeling better. I know the past few months have been rough!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Horray! I just get so excited for you everytime I think or hear about it! Congrats!

Merrills said...

I'm so excited for you guys as you already know! Good luck next week. I'm sure I will be calling you to hear how things go.

Lori said...

Congrats to both of you!!! I'll have to check out that site to see what size my baby is right now. I'm sure he's approaching watermelon size, or bigger.

Michelle said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and Todd! That's good to hear that you are feeling better now. Love you both!

Jessica Draper said...

OH MY!! CONGRATS!! I'm so excited. I first saw the news on Facebook. Isn't morning sickness the pits?!! We are so excited for you and will keep you in our prayers that all goes well as I'm sure it will. You guys deserve this so very much! We love you!
Jess

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

YAY!!! A lime is a cute comparison for a baby I think! I hope you feel good this week - and CONGRATS again!!!

McMillan Family said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys. Keep us posted.

The Pack's said...

Yeah! We are so excited for both you and Todd. You are so deserving of such a sweet blessing.

Wade Family said...

Congratulations! We had heard the exciting news a bit ago but were waiting for the official post to congratulate you. We are just so happy for you guys. Glad you are feeling a bit better Melissa the first few months can be rough. Oh and what a great due date that is the birthday of our little guy. Keep us posted...your in our prayers.

Matt n' Jenni said...

Yay or limes!!! Keep me up to date an your docotr visits!

Matt n' Jenni said...

P.S. I ment "Yay FOR limes"

Matt n' Jenni said...

P.S.S. and I mean "DOCTOR" maybe I should read back over my comments at least once before I post them:)

Widdisons said...

Jodi and I are excited for you guys, Congrats!!!

spike said...

What!! Yea!! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007