Friday, January 30, 2009

The Office

No, this is not another post about one of our favorite TV shows! I'm sad to say that the company I work for is making some changes and has asked all the people who work at home to start working in the office again. Their reasoning for this change is mainly so our team can regroup and get our energy and focus back in check. The possibility of working at home again somewhere down the road is still there, so that gives me something to look forward to I suppose. So, as of Monday next week, I will no longer be home 2 of my 4 work days and my new schedule starts. I'll be in the office Monday through Thursday! There are lot's of ups and downs to working at home, but the same goes for working in the office, as I'm sure you're all aware. I'm actually looking forward to having two more days of real face-to-face human conversation. However, I'm sad to be leaving the comforts of home. I've really started to become a home-body and it's just so nice and cozy here! Here's to changes, and hopefully it's a good one!   

5 comments:

Merrills said...

I miss the office socializing part. This could be a good thing. At least you still have Fridays!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Not fair. I guess the social part will be a good thing. Glad you still get your fridays, that way we can get together maybe one of these days.

Looking forward to you party tomorrow, I can't wait to see ya!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ugh - I am still feeling for you on this one - at least you don't have to sit in the "cloffice":)

The Pack's said...

Meliss, I'm sorry that you have to go back to the office, but I know what you mean about face-to-face interaction. Maybe they will let you wear your PJ's to work once in a while! :)

Please Pass the Green said...

I miss you! How's it working out being back at the Barn? That would be hard to get back in the swing of things that way, especially when it's snowing! I'm totally with you on the homebody feeling. I really like being at home so much now and not having to "be to work."

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007