Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tulip Festival 2008 and My Birthday


OK, so I need to figure how to do the slide shows because we have so many good pictures from the Tulip Festival this year. Until I do that, you just get to see some of my favorite pics! We actually went on my 29th birthday (yikes!), which was on May 3, with Curtis and Amanda and their sweet little girls. We had such a great time! We parted ways after walking around the grounds for a couple hours at Thanksgiving Point and Todd and I grabbed a bite to eat at the deli there. They have "Thanksgiving" sandwiches that I love—turkey, cranberry sauce, lettuce and cream cheese on whole wheat! Yummy. After that we went shopping so Todd could "give" me my presents. I ended up getting a really cute outfit that consists of a black shirt and white skirt. (I have the black shirt on in the picture with Brock and Mia's headstone if you want to see it! It's from Down East.) After that we continued our good day of eating and went to Cheesecake Factory, my favorite restaurant ever! We shared the most fattening but completely delicious appetizers called Buffalo Blasts. These puppies are shredded chicken stirred with buffalo sauce and then fried in wonton wrappers. THEN you dip them in more buffalo sauce and chunky blue cheese dressing. These things were to DIE FOR, and would actually probably make you die if you ate all of them. Luckily we only had two each. :) We also shared a yummy entree and a piece of cheesecake. I can honestly say I was sick after that meal, but is was soooo good. Sunday we went to my parents house in Morgan and had another good dinner. Then I was spoiled and given some great presents from them as well. All in all it was a successful birthday. Now let's hope the big 30 goes just as well next year . . .  





P.S. I'll try to post more pics later—for some reason it's been a struggle just to get these ones on here!

8 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

I'm jealous you went and there were actually tulips! So much for the so called "Tulip Festival" in April:) I love you picture's by the way!

Michelle said...

Love the new blog skin. So cute!

Mitchell Family said...

so pretty. I want to take my fam there, but I seem to think of it after the tulips are gone...

Merrills said...

I have never been to the tulip festival. Looks like fun though. Yummy cheesecake!

lisa said...

Nice pics! We love the Cheesecake Factory! Cooper loved throwing all his silverware at the waiter. So, we tried to leave pretty quick like! And I LOVE the shirt! I've wanted to get one myself...or maybe I could pass it along to Brad as an idea for my birthday! AND 29 is not old at all!!! I didn't remember we were the same age! Happy Birthday

Kelli said...

The pictures are beautiful and I can see that you are a great food writer because I am now craving some food I have never even heard of or tried or seen or anything! Thanks for the description.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Salad! I'll call you as well!

Widdisons said...

Happy late b-day.
Sorry no invite, no calls, no letters, no one remembers me :(
Hey our blog has the option to send us an email. send us one so we can get in contact someway other than blog messages.
we like your Brooke Let it be, she was much better than Syesha. I know i'm completely domesticated.

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007