Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hair Catastrophe


So, I'm thinking I'll be taking the "Hot Sticks" I decided to try back to the store. Can you believe my hair? It looks ridiculous! For those of you who haven't seen me in a while, my hair is getting really long. It's about halfway down my back now, but in this picture I look like a short-haired poodle!

The story is that I went to the store to buy some hot rollers on recommendation from my cousin Julie, but they were $35 and I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to spend that much. There just happened to be a box of Hot Sticks right next to the hot rollers that seemed interesting and they were only $14. I was sucked in by the price and decided to try them out instead of the ones Julie got. Obviously a HUGE mistake. I should always remember that you usually get what you pay for! Suffice to say, I had to re-wet my hair that day to make it look normal again. Thank goodness it wasn't permanent.

9 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

I love the picture! Are these the curlers you were talking about on Friday? Let me know if the real one's work!

Merrills said...

This is hilarious. I have been wanting to get hot rollers for a long time, but haven't wanted to spend the money either. I need to do something different with my hair. I guess I will have to buy the good ones. Thanks for testing out the cheapies for me!

Michelle said...

Awesome! The photo is the best part. I really think you should have come to work like that. ;)

lisa said...

Looks great-what are you talking about? I use these things called solar rollers to get the 'wavy' look. They are kind of like the old rag-ties from WAY long ago. I think Wal-Mart has them still...if not, I think the $14 hot rollers are your best bet!

Kelli said...

I think you look great! Poddles are cute!

Mitchell Family said...

nice!!!!!

Amanda B. said...

Ha, Ha. I'm totally laughing out loud right now. You poor thing!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Oh my gosh!!! I was laughing so hard while I was reading this... It looks so funny - sorry, but when you told me I had no idea that it would look like that. I am so glad Todd made you take a picture - that is one for the memory book for sure:)

Mitchell Family said...

That is hilarious Melissa! I love the pic! haha Good to know for future reference to never buy the hot sticks! haha

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007