Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Babies!

Most of you will probably say that you can't believe it's already been a year since our sweet twins came and left us so quickly. I tend to agree with most of you, but there are days that make it seem like it happened a whole lifetime ago. Good Friday, a day that sounds nice to most, is what we refer to now as Bad Friday. That was the day we went to the hospital last year for our big ultrasound. That was the day we were told that I wouldn't leave the hospital until our babies were born. That was the day we were told that it would be a miracle for our babies to make it through. It was definitely NOT a Good Friday. Two weeks later, in the early morning hours of April 17, Brock and Mia came and went without a breath. It was heartbreaking—the biggest heartbreak either Todd or I have ever suffered, but it was also an amazing blessing that only strengthened the bonds of love and loyalty between us. We spent a wonderful horrible day together, making memories and taking pictures. We talk about our angels often, and to them as well, asking them to send their brothers and sisters soon, and telling them that we miss them very much. We can't wait to see them again one day, as they are part of our eternal family. It will be such a sweet reunion! We love you babies! We're so glad you're ours! Happy Birthday! 

8 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday Brock & Mia!! How we miss you! We love you Todd & Melissa and hope you have a great day.

Merrills said...

You guys have been through so much. I hope this year is a better one. Stay strong!

Mitchell Family said...

Todd and Melissa, I have been wanting to call or email or something. I wanted to tell you that we love you, that we pray for you EVERYDAY and that we think of you constantly. Ours is a unique bond, I feel. Happy Birthday to Brock and Mia!
It is a question I ask myself (still) daily as to why others recieve, so easily, their children and others it is a struggle. It is a question that has never left my mind since our fight began and yours continues. I can tell you that one day, when your children are in your arms, you still won't know why, but you will feel the happiness and peace you so desire. I know that Brock and Mia are up there helping to prepare their brothers and sisters to come and face this life, they will need the extra preparation if they are to become the mighty men and women I know they are destined to be.
Have faith and hope, and know that so many love and support you.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Wow, it's been a year. Happy Birthday Brock & Mia! We love you guys! Hope everything went well today!

lisa said...

What a sweet post Melissa! Happy Birthday Brock and Mia! We love you guys!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I have been thinking about you guys and the sweeties this last week, and I'm sure it has been hard, but you guys are so strong and I loved your post - it made me tear up a bit - love you guys and happy birthday little sweeties!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Todd & Melissa, What a strength you are to all of us. Happy birthday to your sweet little ones.

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007