Friday, February 1, 2008

Kept Resolutions?


Every January, I make a New Year's resolution to have no treats or BAD food for the month. Sometimes it varies in restriction though. For example, I may decide that I can have treats on the weekend, or maybe even after Sunday dinners, or I can go cold turkey. This year was cold turkey! I do make one allowance, and that is that I can have sugar-free pudding, and it does wonders to get me through the tough days. Well, as you all know, today is February 1st, and amazingly, I made it through the ENTIRE month without a treat, and what is even better, I didn't even make it through a whole 6-pack of sugar-free pudding! There were some HARD times with this resolution, so I'm really proud of myself! At work we have what we call "Tasty Thursday," and every Thursday somebody brings a snack/treat/whatever from one of our cookbooks so we can all have a taste. Yesterday I had to pass up Pecan Sour Cream Muffins that looked and smelled SOOOOO good! I also had to pass up fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies when we were at Spence and Julie's house playing games one night. (I should mention that Todd, who also had the same resolution, downed about FIVE of the cookies, which made me want to quit right then and there!) But I've held true, and feel so good about it, I'm thinking I'll stick to it until the end of February, or at least TRY my hardest! In combination with a six-week diet I've been doing (that ends Feb. 25), maybe I'll finally drop the last five pounds of my pregnancy weight. Everybody wish me luck!!!

6 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

you are a better woman than I...thats all I have to say about that.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ha, I laughed when I read this, but I still feel bad about actually making and then EATING the cookies in front of you:) SO SORRY

Merrills said...

I wish I had your willpower. Just last night I had cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies and then my dad brought donuts over today. I am going to be hating life come swimsuit season.!
Stacey

GarrGroup said...

Good work! I know how it is to have your husband eat tons of yummy treats in front of you. It happens to me almost daily. I wish I could say that it got easier, but somehow it hasn't! Stick with it!!!

Lori said...

hey, this is lori from "fit in six," I had to come check out your blog after the introductions. amanda and i were chatting about you the other morning, we both think you have an awesome job! and you have much more willpower than either of us... both of us agreed that we'd be 400 lbs if all we did was edit and write cookbooks, good woman. :) if you want to get to know me better you can check out my family place at www.vlastonfamily.com.

Amanda B. said...

I love how Todd just totally bailed on you and ate 5 cookies!! I can't believe you didn't give in. You are AMAZING!! (By the way, I can't wait until I only have 5 lbs left of pregnancy weight to lose! I'm jealous.)

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007