Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Working at Home . . . Sort of

After having such a rough go in 2007, Todd and I decided that I had earned the right to eliminate some of the extra stresses in my life. Since I'm married to such a great guy (who supports me in all that I do!), starting on January 7, I am officially cutting back my work schedule. Hooray! After talking with my boss, I realized I was going to be needed in the office more than I'd originally thought (I'd wanted to work from home 4 days a week). However, she thought there would be no problem cutting my hours to 30 instead of 40. So my new schedule, you ask? I will be working Mon, Tue and Thu for 8 hours in the office. I will work at home on Wednesdays for 6 hours, and the best part—I have Fridays off! I wanted a little better set up at home so that things felt more official and so I wouldn't have to sit on the couch in the family room or at the bar in the kitchen while working. So, with that said, we've set up a really nice "office" in the corner of our living room. We purchased a desperately needed computer, got a desk that I could spread my work on, and a nice big book case so I'd have somewhere to put everything.

I also want to say that I am so fortunate to have a really great boss who not only cares about me, but also cares about what I want. I hope that with my new schedule I'll be able to take better care of myself physically as well as emotionally, and that by doing so, I can have a life that seems, at least a little bit more, stress free.


Here's my new office! I love it!

4 comments:

Amanda B. said...

I LOVE the desk and bookshelf. They look so good. We should go out to lunch next Friday since you are home! Hurray!!

Mitchell Family said...

looks official, and VERY cute!!

Please Pass the Green said...

can i admit it in writing that i'm more than a little jealous?:) that's so nice. we'll definitely miss hearing your laughter and funny stories on wednesdays and fridays, but this will definitely be a good thing for you!

Todd and Melissa said...

Don't be jealous! We've had a lot of things going on and it was a big decision to get to this point. You do such a good job at work! And, I'll still be there three days a week so I can see everyone. That'll be nice! :)

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007