Thursday, August 20, 2009

Todd is Totally My Paul

Every month I get to go to my EMC (Editor's Movie Club) with all the girls from work. We watch movies that have to do with publishing, editing, writing, or whatever. This month's pick was Julie & Julia, and I absolutely loved it! The stories were darling, the food looked so amazing (and fun to make!), and I just have to say: Meryl, you are such a genius!


One thing I learned about Julia Child after seeing this movie was that she was one of the luckiest people in the world! Not because she mastered French cooking, not because she wrote a book, and not because she was on television. She was lucky, and I should say very blessed, to have a husband that loved her soooo much. The relationship of Julia and Paul stood out to me the most in this movie, as it seems almost like a parallel to me and Todd's marriage in many different ways. Paul was such a support to her, and so encouraging, and just . . . loving. To be that in love is such an amazing thing. Without sounding too sappy, it definitely made me think of Todd and all the love and support he gives to me in everything I do. He is my rock, my North star, and my best friend. Everyone that has seen this movie will know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure. And if you haven't found your Paul yet, I hope you do soon!

I love you Todd!


9 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys are so cute! Todd really is such a great guy!

Amanda B. said...

You are very lucky to have a husband who adores you! :) What an amazing blessing.

P.S. I can't believe your little girl hasn't made an appearance yet?! Is she being stubborn or what? :) We are just soo excited we can hardly wait!!

Kelli said...

We love Todd too! But not as much as I love you! You are both amazing people. So glad that we know you.

Jenny said...

I'm excited to see that movie. I'm so happy you have your Paul! I know you are counting down the days until baby comes. Best of luck!

Mitchell Family said...

not sappy...you two are awesome! can't wait to hear some big news!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

OH - that is cute and YES it totally reminds of you and Todd! I loved that movie and it does make you come home and REALLY appreciate that husband:)

Jen Grillone said...

That's what stood out to me most in the movie too. Paul and Julia's amazing relationship. It seems obvious that without him she never would have been Julia Child.

MomMitchell said...

Great husbands are such a blessing, I know mine is in my life. Waiting to hear about this baby girl, she is just testing your patience!! Keep us posted

lisa said...

OH...Brad is SO going to that movie! What a cute post!

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007