Friday, October 17, 2008

Viva Mexico!

Well, we just got back from an awesome week-long vacation with our friends from warm and (mostly) sunny Mexico! We stayed at an amazing all-inclusive resort (Secrets Maroma and Capri) thanks to Todd's genius travel research. We got a great nightly rate and loved the fact that we didn't have to pay for any of our meals or activities while we were there. Some of the highlights were relaxing on the beach, WARM weather, piƱa coladas, snorkeling, scuba diving (for the boys), sailing, kayaking, visiting old ruins, EXCELLENT food, running to catch the ferry, Spencer's Spanish/Italian menu, swampy cenotes, Julie's "drunk" giggles, and tons more! Here's some of our pics, and be on the lookout for another post when we get the rest of our pics from Spence (who was a great camera guy!). VIVA MEXICO! We can't wait for our next trip down there!

Dinner our first night at Bordeaux (the French restaurant at our hotel)

Outside the lobby (sorry it's foggy, our camera had do adjust to the humidity!)

Just playing "under the stars!"

In Cozumel on our way to scuba diving for the boys and snorkeling for the girls

Adam, Spence, and Todd just before their first dive!

In front of some ruins in Tulum (we had an awesome RM as our guide!)

Megan, me, and Julie overlooking the beach at Tulum

More ruins and beach at Tulum!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had a great trip! The water looks gorgeous! Too bad you missed the first big snow storm! right. Well, you were missed but we are glad you had a terrific time!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

How fun! How many times do I have to tell you to take me with you? Maybe one day right? Glad you had a good time! You look great!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Love the pics - they are totally different than mine, so we have to swap:) Is it just me, or is the food just not up to par since we've been home:) - can't wait for the next trip...

Lisa said...

Oh how fun! I'm jealous...I need a vacation!! It looks like a great place. Would you recommend it??

Amanda B. said...

What cute pictures! I especially love the pictures at Tulum. Looks GORGEOUS! I want to hear all the details!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous trip! That's so much fun that you went with Jules and Spence! What a party! I love all the pics! I can't wait to see more! Seeing your pics made me want to go back to Mexico! Love it!

The Pack's said...

What a fun trip! Looks like you had so much fun. I was just thinking the other day...I wonder when they go on their trip and if they are back already. Glad to know you went and came home safely. See you soon!

Merrills said...

How fun! I didn't know you were going. It looks beautiful. Is that the first time since our senior trip? Mike has never been so I want to make it back there someday. Did you get montazuma's revenge when you got back? Ha Ha!

lisa said...

Oh...I want to be on the beach! There is no where else I'd rather be (okay...maybe at home, cuddling with Brad or something-but wouldn't it be better on the beach?) Anyhow-I love the picture of Todd picking you up and giving you a hug-super cute! Your pictures are all awesome of your trip-glad you had a good time!

Matt n' Jenni said...

Hey guys sorry I'm a little late commenting on your trip to Mexico!!I am super jealous! It looks like a total blast, thanks for the invite:( So when is your trip to Hawaii?

Clyda and John said...

Looks like you had a fantastic trip. Clyda took me on a cruise to Tulum, Cozumel, Cancun, Roatan, and Belize when I was in law school. We loved it! Congrats on the adoption process. It is a major roller coaster but worth it in the end. We found you blog as Delish found us and we linked in from her. ~John Vaterlaus

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007