Monday, July 25, 2011

Me and My Projects

Obviously my main project has been getting the twins here safe and sound. Let me tell ya, it's been a harder job than I thought! I know I'm probably the last person who should complain about being pregnant considering it's so hard to get me in this "condition," but being pregnant with twins I think warrants me some extra complaints. :)

Besides just feeling huge and downright uncomfortable (for the last couple of months at least!) things have gone really well. As Todd says, a textbook twin pregnancy. I'm not so sure those really exist, but that's what it seems like just the same. My latest update is that the cerclage is out and I'm now almost 36 weeks. I go to the doc tomorrow and am hoping he tells me I've started dilating some. That news would be fantastic!

32 weeks

 
34 weeks

My biggest fear(s) at this point would be my water breaking in public, or maybe even worse, during the middle of the night. My great neighbor and visiting teacher has offered to help in that situation and wants me to call her to come stay with Iz, but I will feel terrible if I have to call her at 3 am!

Anyway, since it hurts like crazy to move around too much or run errands or do anything, really, I decided to do a couple last-minute projects that have kept me busy and at home. I made some blankets, one for each baby. I think they turned out pretty cute, and the pics don't do them justice.




I also figured I better put a couple pics of the kiddos bedroom now that it's mostly finished. My mom made the valances, crib sheets, crib skirts, and is just about done with the quilts. I'll just have to post those pics a little later. I just love the colors of the room and how everything has turned out. 





That's it for now. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the baby room! So cute! And your blankets are adorable! It's so great that you've made it this far and things are going so well! I have an appointment tomorrow as well so I just might see you there again. :)

Lisa said...

Yay! You are almost there! Don't you love pregnant summers ;) Your baby room is super cute. I'm excited to see your cute babies!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

So darling!! You and your SUPER talents!!!! Love all the posts and LOVE that cute room!! Good job and I'm crossing my fingers for your Dr's appointment tomorrow:)

Merrills said...

You look so cute! Your babies are going to be so healthy because they are being cooked so long! I wish I was crafty like you. The room looks adorable.

Our Little Angels

Our Little Angels
Brock and Mia, April 17, 2007